Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Single or Married?

I’m in front of the computer, trying to think of my dream wedding. I know it is a funny thing especially at my age, plus that I am still schooling. It is now exactly 7:34 pm in my watch and I do not know how to start. I cannot concentrate. I have to do this because it has something to do with my OJT application. This is hard for me because I never had a boyfriend who will serve as my inspiration. Not even a date (poor me, huhu)!
I am not saying that I have no plans of getting married someday. Sometimes I am also dreaming of myself dressed in a white, simple, elegant wedding gown and exchanging vow with the one that I truly love. However, I am not quite sure if that is what I really want. I mean, being single or being married. Whenever I attend a wedding party or even sometimes when people talk about these matters, I often hear them say, being married is not easy – that you should be ready and some other stuff. And often I also hear them say that it is hard to live alone without husband. And that being an old maid is one of the worst things. Are you confused? I know it’s confusing. It is really difficult to know which the hardest way is.
Here’s a spill. I admit that I am afraid to love, to have sex and to bear a child. Obviously it is simply because it hurts. And I know your laughing now. But it’s true! Probably these are some of the reasons why I am undecided about that matter. And possibly some of you had heard these words many times just like me – “You cannot say that you know your partner that well enough”. You will only find out his/her attitude once you were joined together in one roof. What if my dream husband turned out to be a womanizer? What if he turned out to be a mad man like a monster in my ever worst nightmare? I do not know if I know how to handle a relationship. So now you are thinking that I’m a small chick running away from a big dirty, filthy rat?
I am not playing innocent stuff or what, but perhaps my friends and classmates were right. Maybe it’s true that I am only saying this because I do not know yet love for real.
Otherwise, being single is fun. The responsibility is not as big as getting married. You have no husband and children to take care of. You take care of yourself. You go anywhere and anytime you want and you do what you want to do. You can party all day and night! No one will remind you what to act or do – sky is the limit! But the sad truth is that, no one will take good care of you when you grow old. Or probably you will be tired of vacating from one relative to another.
One thing here is not true about being an old maid. That is being alone. No matter what the cost, God will never let go off his grip on you. He is more than anyone or anything else in this world.
So being an old maid is not bad at all…
I know time will come that you have to choose which path to take. Anyway, both paths have bushy bushes, grass and big rocks. That only means that you have no escape of obstacles. Both bear great consequences, advantages and happiness. It is a matter of knowing where your real passion resorts.

6 comments:

wildtemperate said...

This is from Archie Sangalang

Thinking of myself as getting married seems a funny thing to me right now. First, I am still not in the mood because of my superb messy life, second, was I had never experience being on a serious relationship with the one I treasured. Maybe, love is just more a complex thing than Algebra.
It may be x(me)+y(her)=xy(Happy Together). Hope that it would be that easy but as what they say life is hard. That they conclude finding true love is hard work. You do not love the person because of what she has. Instead you love her with what she really is, wherein they say love is acceptance.

gean nazer said...

i share the same feelings with RV :) haha what i mean is about that OJT application. i was also one of those MASSCOM studs who have tried to apply at brand on demand for our OJT. and part of our application is to cvreate an ingress and an egress plans for our own wedding. that was really fun!

what i have created is a ver unique wedding.. a wedding that is not ver ussual, i wanted my wedding to be different that is why i made it with the motif "retro" ....

and how can i comment to RV? hmmm let me just give her an advise.. this article of rv is really good, i could feel her emotion bursting while whe is wrting her column..

RV... maybe this is not yet the right time for you to be in loved.. but i believe that there is someone for you.. maghintay ka lang...

but i agree with you that being single is fun, the responsibility is not big like what you have said.. it has been two years that i am single.. sometimes it feels good but sometimes i feel bad... i feel incomplete.. i just dont know why i cant replace her... sabi nga nila.. matagal bago mawala ang feelings.. and that is absolutely right.. being single is cool but i believe that if there is someone ith you.. that is much cooler :)

gean nazer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ella said...

You are right. I also submitted my work in brand on demand regarding our future wedding. Maybe it’s hard to decide whether you’ll be walking down the isle or not. It’s a matter of choice. But I hope you won’t close your doors in love. You should not be afraid in love, sex etc because you’re the one handling them. Love is unexplainable yes, but it still ups to you how you define it. It is good to experience love, sometimes you can’t avoid to experience pain because it is part of it. But take it as a lesson. You can’t never say na your strong woman if you don’t know to be hurt.

I agree it’s fun to be single because I’m a single haha. Being happy is not always depend on the other people. You can be happy by yourself. However sometimes there something on us we feel that were incomplete. But we should not focus in that angle. The story of life doesn’t end like that. For sure there are people who destined from us. Why we’re still single let’s enjoy it. Time will come you will be stepping for the other chapter of your life.

Kay - Ann said...

I often hear this girl saying “Eeehhh, gusto ko na magkaboyfriend!” and I simply can’t getaway but laugh. I’ve never seen an outspoken a lady to have a man, as much as RV does, but I know every lady who hears her have the same sentiments, their just quite. Anyhow, you’ve been advice by almost every person in the room that just wait for it to come, it might be a long journey but am sure out of that sea faces in a crowd, someone is meant for you. Were too young there still plenty of things need to be done.

jel said...

I understand what you feel rv. It’s because I also feel the same way. There’s one friend that made me realize that I should be content on the things I have right now. I followed what she said. I know time is running so fast that I am almost giving up of waiting for the right love. Actually, my friends are right I don’t have to get bored of waiting I should be proud of not experiencing heartaches. Someday rv the two of us would be happy and will walk on the isle . I will never be an old maid. Let’s be optimistic because someday I know I’ll get what I want.